[CQ-Contest] PJ2T's Bad CW Note

Geoff Howard ghoward at kent.edu
Mon Nov 28 14:36:11 EST 2005

Sorry about that lousy CW note on 10 and (at times) on 160, and thanks to
everyone for not making us log us 596 reports.

The line voltage was down to 89 volts. The crew changed a tap on the
transformer in the QTH that feeds the stations, but that only got it up to
about 99 volts, and we were forced to run the whole contest like that.
There's a generator at the QTH, but it's impractical to run it all weekend
(noise drives the neighbors batty).

The power company had the AC off to our section of the island Friday
afternoon, brought it up part way before going home for the weekend, and
might, just might work on it today to get the rest of the volts flowing.
Priorities in the Caribbean are different. It was 5 PM Friday. Time to
quit. No matter what.

     Thx for the CQWW Qs,

              - Geoff, W0CG