[CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 08:43:30 EST 2005

3. The casual day to day operator really does not have any conception of the
rules of the contest and thinks he is truly helping out...that meaning the
stateside callers passing out qso's.......is it time to step up to the plate and
allow 1 point per qso for contacts within one's country??
NQ4I
Although I'm going to catch crap on this one, I think it is a great idea.
Being at the corner of the US that is forced to beam through the US to work Asia
and Europe, the K1,2,3 guys would be amazed at how many W/K guys call me in
WW just trying to give a point.  The effort is appreciated but of course wasted.

I did 40 HP over the weekend.  The worst part is to have some EU station come
on your clear frequency during a juicy EU run, ask QRL, get an answer from
you and then have him begin to CQ.  He has no problem running since the EU
stations he's running are much stronger than me.  Meanwhile, I have to hit the F!
button endlessly hoping to bludgeon him off my frequency.  If a W6 station
calls during this time,he does nothing for my score even though he is 3000 miles
away.  However, an EA gets points for working CT which could be a couple of
miles away.

Yeah, I know it is cqwwDX contest and US is not DX for me.  However, it sure
is nice to wish for it for Christmas.  Hey, the rules for WPX were changed to
allow points for WPX and that is a great contest.  Why not CQWW?

Bill K4XS