[CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 29 10:40:47 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 05:46, Rick Dougherty wrote:
> Our average run rate for the entire station is 110 qso's per hour for the total 48 hours...a total of 462 zero pointers and 191 dupes is 653 qso's that were totally useless information exchanged...or a waste of 5.9 hours for the entire station....

At least six zero-pointers weren't wasted at all - they were your USA
multipliers.  ("at least", because if you didn't work the appropriate
Canadians some of the zero-pointers may have also been your zone 3/4/5
mults)

That's also why some of them called you.

I'm not so sure I like the idea of allowing one point for own-country
QSOs in CQ WW.  There aren't enough zero-pointers to seriously inhibit
one's opportunity to work interesting DX.  I don't think the comparison
to WPX is a fair one.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66