[CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

Dan Reese, N9XX n9xx at wi.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 00:13:35 EST 2005

>>   So why not adjust the rules to give a K station mult credit
for K at
>> the start of the contest so we do not have to contact a K
station for
>> mult credit?

> So far, so good.  You really ARE onto something, but it's a
global contest.
> Give EVERY contestant multiplier credit for his own country and
his own
> zone on 160-10.  We all start out with 12 multipliers with no
reason
> remaining for me to work a "W" or an "04".

> Bingo.  No more zero pointers and I can work only DX just like
in the name
> "WWDX".  I love it!

Why not take this one step further, and ELIMINATE the one mult
per band credit for same country?  If applied to all participants
in all countries, seems equitable as well.  Don't allow any mult
credit for W working W, VE working VE, or DL working DL.
Personally, I feel I'm about as welcome as a cold sore when I try
to call another US station in CQWW just to get that extra country
mult, which, by the way, may ultimately result in a NIL depending
on whether the other guy actually deigns to log me.  In fact,
toward the end of my single-band 20m effort this past weekend, I
called CQ for about a half-hour actually hoping some W/K/N would
call ME just to make it easy (plus hoping S9SS would call in too
like he did back in ARRL DX).

Dan N9XX