[CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW

lew lew at dsl-only.net
Wed Nov 30 00:36:40 EST 2005

Les, VA7LC wrote:

>I think it is time to start thinking about grid squares in HF DX contests?
>Then each distant grid square, regardless of country counts for the distance
>covered?
>I don't know what set of rules would cover it, but then it's just a
>suggestion.
>What do you think?

           Les, You are a visionary!  You have thought of what The
Boring Amateur Radio Club has put into action for The Stew Perry TopBand
DX Challenge
being held Dec. 17-18. A perusal of the easy to understand rules shows
that scoring is based on power and just how far your QSO was, based on
grid squares.
Other prescient rules give extra points to the station that works a QRP
station, because that receiving station does a major portion of the work
and should be
rewarded for that work.  The rules for this great TopBand CW contest is
found at:
        http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
     Enter into the fray and exchange grid squares with TopBanders
around the world and see/hear  what the future feels like. The contest
is a lot of fun and a very
nice break from all the tomfoolery of the holidays.
     73 and I remain,
     Lew  W7EW/W7AT
     Boring Amateur Radio Club Contest Touter