[CQ-Contest] Packet Cluster Practices

Richard Zalewski dick.w7zr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:58:40 EDT 2005

Ok, what is the value of these spots?

K7C I can't hear them
K7C Why can't you guys work NA
K7C They are eating lunch

Has the hobby gotten down to total point and shoot? You can also learn to
tune your radio. If you don't hear any signals check the radio, check the
antennas, or go watch TV.

The cluster should be used for spotting heard stations. Use packet Talk for
all other comments. People could just as easily check the talk to see what
they are having for lunch and leave the spots to just that.

73
Dick W7ZR
www.w7zr.com <http://www.w7zr.com>

On 10/4/05, w0mu <w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:

> Bill I have to agree, the Can't hear them spots actually helped here too.
> I can't recall such odd propagation ever as a ham. Generally the pacific
> from Colorado is like shooting fish in a barrel. Not so this time. I can't
> recall ever hearing the east coast work the pacific in the afternoon where
> we could not hear the station.

Tnx es 73