[CQ-Contest] A portable rig for contesting? (CW PTT)
K3BU at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 22:19:58 EDT 2005
In a message dated 10/5/2005 9:51:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aa4lr at arrl.net
>>An alternative question would be - exactly what function is achieved
with the CW PTT?<<
1. Precise timing and fine tuning the switching between rig - amp - antenna
2. Elimination of the last (word) pause when finishing transmission, avoiding
blackout of few dits or duhs from them fast answerers.
3. Ability to silence the other radio chain (mute) when needed (like foot
4. Elimination of "built in" delays like in them QSK only radios, that crews
up monitoring and your own sending at high speeds (with paddle keying).
5. Important especially for contesters that are trying to squeeze every last
dit out of their setup.
6. That's the secret...
For regular hams not important, "contester's rig" Orion tried to omit the CW
PTT only to get bombarded by contesters and eventually implemented it.
73 Yuri, K3BU.us
More information about the CQ-Contest