[CQ-Contest] UBN/Log disclosure (was: Re: RES: D4B QRT)

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Fri Oct 7 21:57:59 EDT 2005

fhdez at vox-tel.com wrote:
> Tono Vahk, ES5TV wrote:
>> It clearly is time to do it and techologically it is already there!! Just
>> remove the passwords from links to logs and UBNs.
>
> The main reason why the organizers cannot adopt this suggestions right away
> is that they are people like us, very busy and the time given to the hobby
> by them is very valuabe in their personal lives.

As for making the UBNs and logs public (which is the most important
thing in my eyes), the work should be something in the order of
_seconds_, by removing the corresponding .htaccess entries on the
cqww.com webserver. Being too busy is certainly not a valid argument
here.

In the end this would probably even save the organizers a lot of work,
because there will be no more questions from people who lost their
password, changed their eMail address and so on..

Honest contesters have nothing to hide in their UBNs!
http://www.cqww.com/cwlogs/dj1yfk  user: dj1yfk  passw: 701-558

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/