[CQ-Contest] UBN/Log disclosure (was: Re: RES: D4B QRT)

K3BU@aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 12:03:58 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/8/2005 11:13:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lists at telegraphy.de writes:

Honest contesters have nothing to hide in their UBNs!
<<

Looks like problem is with some top scorers who are also members of the
Contest Committee, they like to keep their "tactics" secret. I had a chance to see
the log of one contester like that. I was impressed that he could have a run
of 6-8 QSOs/min. and every few minutes able to jump to another band and
direction and work multiplier without losing a beat.

I admire ability to S/P another band while having hot run like that. Us
regular mortals have a problem working the rare one when S/P, one in few minutes
especially when packet bedlam descends on the rare one.

K1TTT analysis of packet spots and comparison to above "tactics" could reveal
another layer of "champs". But who cares, right? Especially if one is in
charge or on the contest committee.

In the Tesla Cup we will have logs open after the deadline. New web site
TeslaRadio.org is coming up soon.

All they have to do is remove the password, no weeks of programing necessary.
Will we see it?

Yuri, K3BU.us