[CQ-Contest] A portable rig that would serve well forcontestingtoo?

Andrew Faber andrew.faber at gte.net
Sat Oct 8 15:32:18 EDT 2005

Don,
  I've used a TS-570 in CW contests.  It is a terrific rig in a lot of ways,
but it has a very broad front end.  For contesters, this means that you get
AGC pumping caused by signals that you can't hear (because they are outside
of the IF filter passband), and this makes it hard to copy the signals you
do hear.  So, I don't recommend it for serious contesting.
  73, andy, ae6y