[CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 9 19:31:36 EDT 2005

Someone using Packet surreptitiously would be a fool to jump on the
spots right after they hit the screen.  However, it would be pretty
easy just to let them collect in the band map for a while and work
them into a "tuning the band for mults" S&P session.  Short of having
a busted call in the log that corresponds to a busted packet spot, it
would be tough to catch.

Also, don't forget that with only an occasional exception, single-ops
outscore SOAs in most contests.

Barry W2UP