[CQ-Contest] MFJ434 voice keyer woes

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Mon Oct 17 00:40:49 EDT 2005

Whooooops... I meant to reply to N6TJ's posting about CW filters. Sorry if I caused confusion....

MAL         N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: N7MAL
  To: Jim Neiger ; KI9A at aol.com ; smc at w9smc.com
  Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
  Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 1:33
  Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MFJ434 voice keyer woes

  Jim you have the luxury at ZD8 & D4 of being in a place where everyone comes to you and you can, sort-of, 'cherry-pick' the loudest signal. Those of us on this side need the narrowest possible filter just to hear you come back to is while everyone and his brother is calling you, some endlessly.  ie: ZD8Z ZD8Z ZD8Z de B0ZO B0ZO B0ZO, you have worked 2 guys while that guy is loud in my passband. Over the years I have heard you on many many occasions repeating the exchange just because we can't get our rcvr's narrow enough to eliminate B0ZO.
  73