[CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question...

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Mon Oct 17 10:34:28 EDT 2005

At 09:32 PM 10/16/2005, Dennis Ponsness wrote:

>I would be willing to bet that _if_ the ARRL decided to implement a grid
>based HF award and then sponsor a new 'test to support such an award, it
>would become a fairly popular contest.

A grid-based award would be a true challenge and not one likely to
ever have all of them worked, unlike DXCC. The only problem with your
suggeston is the ARRL is highly unlikely to sponsor such an award
since it would detract from DXCC and that is a true sacred cow at HQ.

Perhaps the RSGB or some other major organization would be interested?

73, Bill W6WRT