[CQ-Contest] CQ WW. I "get it".

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 17:43:50 EDT 2005

And that psyche description for me and my XYL would be:  Anything worth
doing is worth doing to a total extreme!  Mary would chuckle at that
description of my lifelong involvement in ham radio.  When we met years
ago I was living in a tiny midtown Atlanta apartment -- and in my
little bedroom I had a bed, a nightstand...and 13 HF rigs.  She saw
that, and married me anyway :-)

I made a deal with my charming XYL a few years ago when she wanted to
pursue a master's degree in lieu of employment (we've now segued from
that into a Ph.D. program...) -- you go all out to earn a doctorate,
I'll pay bills for a few years and take as many weekends as I can stand
to pursue radio contesting with as much zeal as possible.  We agreed
this was a path worth pursuing -- for both of us.

Have fun out there!  YAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Contest season is at hand!

Scott W4PA

--- mike l dormann <w7dra at juno.com> wrote:

> interesting points..............and to me the most interesting being
> the
> "list of important contests" as stated. finding a chap's "important
> contests" would be an avenue into his (or his wife's) psyche
>
> mike w7dra

W4PA 2005-2006 Contest Calendar
Sept 11:  CW Sprint SOABHP
Oct 29/30:  CQ WW SSB SOABHP @ VY2ZM as VY2PA
Nov 5/6: CW SS casual operation SOABHP, home QTH
Nov 18/19:  SS SSB M/S as K4JNY @ K4JNY.  6 ops.
Nov 25/26:  CQ WW CW M/M - PJ2T
Jan 14: NAQP CW SOABLP
Feb 11: CW Sprint SOABHP
Feb 18/19: ARRL DX CW - unknown
Mar 4/5: ARRL DX SSB M/2 - PJ2T (tentative)
Mar 25/26: WPX SSB M/S as KM9P @ K4JNY
May 27/28: WPX CW SOABHP as KM9P @ K4JNY