[CQ-Contest] Zone(s) of UA9S, UA9T

Alexander Teimurazov at at at-communication.com
Mon Oct 24 02:32:14 EDT 2005

    Hi everybody
 Answer from Bob is not surprise me atall
 Bob like allways try to put responsibility to someone else
 Lets ARRL do the work and WAE need to do something but how about K3EST?
 CQ WW contest belong to CQ
 WAZ is belong to CQ also
 Rules is clearly say that parcipicator need to send his correct zone number
 If Bob is not happy with WAZ award programm why not to change that and then
say that all UA9s is in zone 17 and finish that discussion but to do that
its nesessary to do some action and propably Bob is very busy to do that
 Bob his self is describing  in his CD  that part of UA9 and Kazakhstan is
Europe and part of UA6 is Asia
 I send e-mail to Bob directly and call him for open conversation for that
but he is not look for me anymore guy who is ready for open conversation
with contest community on any point
 Bob is against the rules of CQ WW and how I can trust the contest director
who is against the rules
 He is not answering my e-mails anyway but propably someone can ask him did
he is going to change rules to allow other people to do the same what our
friends from A6 is do last year or still he is not care about opinion of the
contesters?
 If zone is not important then why we sending zones? Propably K5ZD dont need
to sign K5ZD/1 for example and give zone 4 why dissapoint people
 Everyone then can use rules how ever he like
 About IG9
 Im happy that CQ WW CC take that decision because we get new contest
station down there but when Bob is talking about DXCC and WAE its funny
because IG9 is not count like country for DXCC or WAE
 If we count IG9 like country in CQ WW CONTEST (and only in that contest)
why not count UA9S like the country?
 Same situation like with UA9 we have in UA6  similar is SU and they are
have same rights to count like country like TA1 for example
 What you mean Bob when you say WAZ dont determine countries or continents ?
 Look on that
 http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/wazrules.html
  Look how its called
 WAZ  zone and country list !!!!!!
  Propably you have different one then please publish that
  K3EST double standards is making contesting less important thats my very
clear opinion
  Thats one of the reason I quite contesting
 Bob is didnt respect contesters or their opinion and just still doing
something to have his empire and do what ever he wish
 Bob if you will still do that I think its really time for you to be retired
because no one of us need empire and Im personnally and many of my friends
ready to take actions to stop K3EST rules
 Turn your face to contesters and remember that CQ magazine is give you
position of director of CQ WW contest to not violate the rules but to follow
them and support contest
                           73                                           Al
4L5A ex D4B
<quote>
Response from K3EST:

Hello Art,

Your question is a good one. The CQ WW contest uses several sources for
determining multipliers. Country multipliers are determined by DXCC +
additional WAE countries. Continents are determined by WAC. Zones are
determined by WAZ. There are really three different questions. The WAZ does
not determine countries or continents. These sources are mentioned in the
CQ WW Rules.

Here is what they say:
WAC rules state:

Europe includes the fourth(sic) - sixth call areas of Russia (R1-6).
No mention of UA9 as being in Europe.

DXCC rules state:
UA9/0 = Asiatic Russia
Therefore UA9S/W = Asiatic Russia.

WAE Country list:
1AØ, 3A, 4U1I, 4U1V, 9A, 9H, C3, CT, CU, DL, EA, EA6, EI, ER, ES, EU, F,
G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GM/s, GU, GW, HA, HB, HBØ, HV, I, IS, IT, JW, JW/b, JX,
LA, LX, LY, LZ, OE, OH, OHØ, OJØ, OK, OM, ON, OY, OZ, PA, R1F, R1M, RA,
RA2, S5, SM, SP, SV, SV/A, SV5, SV9, T7, T9, TA1, TF, TK, UR, YL, YO, YU,
Z3, ZA, ZB.
No mention of UA9S/W. All RA are in Europe (obviously, European Russia).

WAZ list says:

Zone 16. Eastern Zone of Europe: UR-UZ, EU-EW, ER, UA1, UA3. UA4, UA6, UA9
(S,W), US, UC, UO, and R1M (M V, Island)

DXCC = UA9/0 = Asiatic Russia
WAC = UA9/0 = Asia
WAE = Doesn't count UA9S/W as being in Europe.
<unquote>