[CQ-Contest] WW SSB

Alan Leith aleith at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 31 09:03:52 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid I disagree with you.  Even during runs of 100+ per hour, as a
single op I always tried to leave my QRG at least once every couple of
hours to search and pounce.  I'm sure there were instances when I didn't do
that but that was always my plan.  What I think is that we've become too
dependant on clusters to provide us with information and have forgotten how
to swing the dial and tune stations in -- listening to hear if they are
needed multipliers or unworked stations.

Hey, I often use packet to work stations, especially when I'm just sitting
in the shack and am too bored or tired to listen to more noise.  And I have
no problem letting someone else do the work.

But not in a contest.  RUN, RUN , RUN and LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN.

73

Al, VE1AL