[CQ-Contest] Mode Specificity [was: WW SSB]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 17:58:42 EST 2005

> W2EV> Are there any HF events for which mode is not
> a factor at all?

Several folks have mentioned "Field Day".
Interestingly, mode is a factor there, too.  You can
actually make three QSO's with the same station on the
same frequency band: phone, CW and "any other digital
mode".

I guess mode-specificity is an HF contesting
phenomena.  I'm not saying that it's bad, I simply
find it fascinating.  My frame of reference is that of
a VHF contester where the idea is to log a station
once without regard as to mode used.

On the other hand, I wonder what the January VHF SS
would be like if I could work the same station three
times. :)

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ev, W2EV