[CQ-Contest] Callsign Logging When Location is Exchanged

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 18:05:43 EDT 2005

First, thank you to the list for helping me to gain
better insight when it comes to callsigns and
Cabrillo.

Here's the final plank in the platform...

Assuming that a contests exchange includes call sign
and geographical location (like a Grid Square), I can
think of no need to log any "/" information at all.

Tapping into the groups collective wisdom, are there
any unexpected (to me) problems with this?

Examples:

Received     Actually
and Entered  Logged by software
WB2ABC/VE3 | WB2ABC
9Y4/4U1ITU | 4U1ITU
W1/G3AAA/200|G3AAA

I think that this works because it would be obvious
from their transmitted (and logged) Grid Square that
they were /VE3, 9Y4/, and W1/.

Final thoughts, guys?

Ev, W2EV