[CQ-Contest] Longest Callsign Possible?

Simon Pearson lists+1 at attenuate.org
Thu Sep 22 16:45:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 19:48 -0700, Radiosporting Fan wrote:
> Not counting portable indicators (VE3/WB2ABC or
> WB2ABC/VE3) or Rover indicators (WB2ABC/R), what are
> the longest possible callsigns in probable existance
> today?

In 2004, 9A2004YC was QRV for the first Worldwide Young Contesters'
(WWYC) meeting in Pazin, Croatia.

In 2005, SP0WWYC was QRV for the second WWYC meeting in Darlowo, Poland.

Not amazingly long callsigns, but still amusing to use on the air. In
2000 there was of course M2000A for the Millenium celebrations. All the
others I've heard (*without* the portable indicators) have already been
mentioned.

Who knows what the callsign shall be for the third WWYC meeting?! :)

Simon Pearson M0CLW
WWYC #452 | G6PZ CG