[CQ-Contest] Looking for a rig control library that isn't hamlib

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Mon Sep 26 20:55:10 EDT 2005

My apologies for this slightly off-topic post - but I'm going a bit crazy and this seemed like the most likely crowd to be able to restore my sanity.

A couple of weeks ago, I found (on the web) the source code for a freeware or shareware rig control library.  It was not hamlib - the open source initiative - but it was similar in flavor and intent.  I didn't write down the URL, and now I can't find it.  I've looked for two hours.  Please, does anyone know where I can find this thing?

What I remember is that the design was based on a Windows .ini format file that encoded the communications protocol for each radio, and a parser (written in C, as I recall), that used the .ini files to drive the rig control engine.

The .ini file had a section for each major command for the radio in question, and a section at the top that covered stuff like baud rate, whether the data was BCD or ASCII, etc.

If this rings a bell, please drop me a note.  Thanks a million!

                        ***dan, K6IF

P.S. Join us for the California QSO Party, this weekend, Oct. 1-2!

                  ***dan