[CQ-Contest] Titanex V8030

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 04:53:45 EDT 2005

I am considering purchase of the above complete with Titanex tuning unit to add to the portable contest station antennas.
Does anyone have experience of this model, performance, radial requirements, mounting height  etc?  Should I expect much better performance than the HF2V currently in use?
Although it does not cover topband is there an efficient way to modify it temporarily to give us at least acceptable performance on this band?
Any other thoughts, comments or web links would be very much appreciated.  The Titanex website gives very little information and a web search returned only 12 pages.
Thanks
Jim,  MM0BQI