[CQ-Contest] Question on Log Checking

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:06:42 EDT 2006

Roland Guidry wrote:
> Just received my log report for the CQWW SSB 2005 Contest. I had several
> contacts marked    -N, but next to each was a very high number, for example:
>
>   3 -N F6KHM (2037)
> 19 -N YT7A (1301)
> ..... and so on.
>
> Does the number in parenthesis note the number of logs reporting a contact
> with the station?

No - it's the number of QSO's made my F6KHM, as reported in his log.

Is the -N because they did not turn in a log, so it could
> not be checked?

No, he turned in a log.

> In my case, I had 11 QSO's with the -N.

Not in log, you lost the QSO plus a 3 QSO penalty, as described in the
rules.

See http://www.cqww.com/cqwwubn.htm for a complete explanation of UBN
reports.

73,