[CQ-Contest] CT and 7QP?

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Apr 30 17:24:23 EDT 2006

> In a message dated 4/30/06 12:52:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> frenaye at hughes.net writes:
>
> To  presume that stations in the 7th call area do not have to copy the
> state/county of others in W7 is not a good plan

For what it's worth, when I was asked to update SD to support
7QP, I replied with the following question.

     Is it OK for 7-area stations to record only the state
     from other 7-area stations, or must they record the
     county also?   I ask this because only the state
     counts as a potential multiplier.

The answer I got was

     wud prefer whole exchange copied by w7's, cuz they chase
     counties too, even tho they can't count 'em for mults.

Therefore, SD lets 7-area entrants log up to 5 characters, of
which the first two are considered to be the standard W/VE
state/province abbreviations for multiplier purposes, and
any remaining ones indicate individual counties.

73,
Paul EI5DI