[CQ-Contest] SO2R Technique

James Cain cainjim at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 9 09:20:49 EDT 2006

30 years ago a contester said to me that "you have to keep the frequency warm." I knew that but it was a nice choice of words. This was in the day when even an efficient station required 15 to 20 seconds to change bands and doing so was very aerobic.

Use it or lose it. If you change bands for whatever reason the frequency is open.

If I send a question mark (di di dah dah di dit) twice and hear nothing, the frequency is mine to use.

If you are Single Op you "own" one frequency.

Jim Cain, K1TN