[CQ-Contest] Message from Harri OH6YF

Stuart Santelmann KC1F kc1f at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 9 18:32:55 EDT 2006

> A well-known contest operator Harri, OH6YF/OH0MYF/OH6Y, is fatally ill.
> The cancer is winning after one year of fierce fighting against it.
> Harri is tied to bed and unable to communicate by e-mail or phone
> anymore. However, he is able to read text messages (SMS) by cell phone
> at the hospital.
>
> In case you want to farewell him, send the sms to his number
> +358505472478
>
> Every word from the friends all over (and I know there's plenty of you)
> would help to forget the pain for a while.
>
> 73 Jari OH1EB

Jari:

    This is indeed very sad news.  I have no SMS capability so I would be
very grateful if you would QSP my message for me.  Harri and all the other
Finns had a great party for us at WRTC 2002; he was always smiling and
enthusiastic, and it was obvious he loved the hobby we all share.  I hope I
will be able to meet him again when it is my time...

                                    Stu            KC1F