[CQ-Contest] QRP

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Fri Aug 11 12:52:05 EDT 2006

"certainly it is true that the really big stations have a special responsibility to ensure they aren't just
trampling the little fellas."

Why is this a special case? A QRP station in New England have a better signal into Europe than a station in the Upper midwest; where does the "special responsibility" lie then? If making a big score means digging out many weak (ostensibly QRP) signals, then doesn't another QRP station have the potential to "trample" my run frequency? I personally don't think anyone deserves special treatment or consideration in a contest, including special sub-bands or signing "/QRP".

I humbly suggest that everyone has the responsibility and requirement of making sure a frequency is clear before they assume they can use it, regardless of station size or location.

73 Steve K0SR