[CQ-Contest] /QRP, /QRO

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Sun Aug 13 17:34:49 EDT 2006

Do not see the reason sending /QRP. I do not really need to know that you
are QRP. I will send the exchange once if I hear you. So please do not make
your call longer then it is. BTW QRO is at least 20 db louder then QRP (that
is if QRP is less then 10 W)

73, Igor UA9CDC

There is one other not mentioned yet, that I have seen, reason for sending
/qrp in a "normal" contest. And that is one intended for notifying the
other op, that this is a qrp station,... of course... however, why?
The answer that I use /qrp for, if the other op is aware that I am qrp, then
just maybe he will save us both a significant amount of time, and
send his exchange to me just once... if qro is 6 to 9 db louder, the path is
reciprical, and he hears me, then he should send once... and copy me ..
ONCE.
If not... then I will fill. No Problem. If not fill again... if he asked. I
have his exchange. ...
We both are well on the way to keeping the rates... and if he hasn't figured
that out... repeating /qrp is truly a waste. putting /qrp in a cq or a run
freq is an unproductive thing to do. That simply invites a freq takeover
attempt. Usually that is unproductive for the other station... but happens.
Many times it is much easier for me to move to the second freq I have been
scouting, rather than fight... however, as many have found in Field day....
there are times I don't have time to fight... I am logging to quick to fuss
about someone else... just simply use the filters.... it will go away.
  C U in the next test.

Dale - WC7S in Wy