[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Airline Baggage - TSA Info

Alan Maenchen ad6e at inreach.com
Wed Aug 16 23:32:32 EDT 2006

All this reminds me of the trip I did several years ago to YV land. As part
of the team effort, I  hand carried a Peter Dahl transformer for a rather
large amp.... that's one of those large, heavy black things with wires
coming out of it. I put it in my back pack as carry-on luggage. That was
because they didn't weigh hand carry stuff and I was right at the max weight
limit for the check-in stuff (which included the rest of the amp). You can
imagine the looks I got then .. I can only imagine what would happen now.
Are we safe yet?

The only good solution is to box up everything including radio, socks, etc.
and ship it FedEx ahead of your flight.

73, Al  AD6E

heading to Heathrow in a couple of weeks... but without a radio.