[CQ-Contest] Travel with radios -- follow-up

Ethan Miller K8GU ethan at k8gu.com
Sun Aug 20 23:11:36 EDT 2006

I just returned from a trip to South America (left the day before things
went nuts and got back on Saturday).  I would say that I had no more than
the routine amount of hassle.  (Other than checking bags, which I guess is
necessary now if you wish to exhibit good hygiene.)

I carried the radio, headset, and Bencher, in carry-on; antenna, coax, DK9SQ
pole, and power supply checked.  I got stopped to explain the radio and
key at every opportunity.  But, "radioaficion(ado)" and "llave de
telegrafia; se lo muestro" dispelled all worries.  I did get the key and
radio "swabbed" at DFW.  But, I've gotten that many times before at MSP.

73,

--Ethan, K8GU/9.

-- K8GU - Urbana, IL - www.k8gu.com --

One man's signal is another man's noise.