[CQ-Contest] 1966 vs 2006 [was: Why did the Canadians (PT5M) beat the Ame...

PaulKB8N at aol.com PaulKB8N at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 17:18:33 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/21/2006 4:13:20 P.M. Central Standard Time,
n4zr at contesting.com writes:

Given  the state-of-the-art in 2006 (and
>the ability of modern transceivers to  dig out weaker
>signals), I would wonder if the number is closer  to
>5-dB or more before "another layer" is revealed due
>simply to  technical issues and not operator skill

My impression of modern transceivers is not altogether good.  My stock  Drake
R-4B never had any trace of intermod or overload problems that many  "modern"
transceivers have, and it was plenty sensitive, too.

Paul, K5AF