[CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Sun Dec 3 08:59:06 EST 2006

We need to upgrade the PC used at W0ZT's, so I've been following this thread with some interest. I just wonder why it seems so important to run XP. Given:

 - N1MM, DX4WIN, WL, etc. all are supported on Win98SE
 - I've run TR in a DOS window over Win98SE for years with no problems whatsoever
 - Win98SE uses "real" DOS and has a built in ability to let you start in "Command Prompt only"

Then why would I want to load Windows XP and have to worry about dual boot, port issues, and all ther rest? What am I missing here? Why not just load 98 and be done with it?

Thanks !

Steve K0SR