[CQ-Contest] cut numbers

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Tue Dec 5 03:22:06 EST 2006

Inherent in the deployment cut numbers should be an assessment by the sender
of whether they will firstly, be understood and secondly, whether it matters
if they are not.

If  in CQWW, neither RST nor zone are cross checked, then on the face of it,
it doesn't matter if folks copy what you send, so save time by sending the
shortest form consistent with your obligation under the rules. However,
there is a risk the recipient will understand so little of what you have
sent, that he'll decide not to log you at all.  If he then makes an entry,
ur N-I-L. Also, just because rst and zone weren't cross checked last year,
doesn't make it a certainty they won't be this year or perhaps next. It
isn't enshrined in the rules that these won't be checked.

Just as in life, actions have consequences & risk increases with
opportunity.

To date, Jose's assessment has been excellent.  His results confirm it. He
is an extremely competent operator who has my admiration, not least for his
SO2R prowess.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN