[CQ-Contest] SS Gentlemen's Agreement re: Assistance

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Wed Dec 6 18:25:34 EST 2006

Given the recent discussion regarding what constitutes assistance, I propose
those of us on the reflector who have made it into the Top Ten box, or who
strive to do so, enter into a gentlemen's agreement for Sweepstakes, above
and beyond the published rules and our personal interpretation of them, that
we will abide by the following:

1. We will not call CQ indicating a needed section;
2. We will not solicit, over the air, during the contest, information
regarding a needed section;
3. We will not set up schedules prior to the contest;
4. We will not request, prior to or during the contest, that we be passed
any unsolicited information during the contest;
5. We may act on any information overheard on the air so long as we have not
solicited that information in any way;

I believe all other scenarios are covered by the existing rules. This
gentlemen's agreement does not apply to the Unlimited or Multi category.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT