[CQ-Contest] SS Gentlemen's Agreement re: Assistance

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 6 22:26:10 EST 2006

> Hi Hans,
>
> I agree that directional CQs are a legitimate tool. However, given the
> recent discussion and the pervasive use of packet, it appears to be, by
> many, considered to be equivalent to using packet, because of the
> significantly increased probability that someone will bestow a "random act
> of kindness" on the CQer. That is why I included it in my "Gentlemen's
> Agreement."
>
> 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

As much as I like the remaining 4 points in your proposal, as a competitive
(small "c") contester I'm not inclined to abandon this legitimate tool.

That some minority of contesters have convinced themselves of the absurd
notion that "CQ VY1" is "equivalent to using packet", will not give me a
guilty conscience when I claim my SS Sweep, nor will I feel only 80%
'Gentlemanly' because I ignore point #1 of your "Gentlemen's Agreement".

73 es beep beep,
de Hans, K0HB