[CQ-Contest] 15 minute log deadline

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Dec 13 10:28:37 EST 2006

I suppose it depends on the situation in which you're operating.  If I'm
near an internet connection, I can do it immediately after the contest
ends.  However, in my QRP-Portable escapades in VHF+ contests I log on
paper and transfer the logs to a computer logging program when I return
home.  I often don't get home until several hours after the contest is
over and by that time all I'm interested in is sleep! After the 10 GHz
contest weekends this year, I didn't even get home until the next day.

48 hours is very reasonable for me for all contests but 15 minutes is
often impossible.

I'll bet many Rovers share my sentiments.

73, Zack W9SZ