[CQ-Contest] Doing our best?

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Wed Dec 13 13:47:03 EST 2006

K0HB replies to N5OT, saying: "And here I thought we were all trying to "do our best" --- silly me!"

Well, no.  People have all sorts of different motivations.  Some are out to maximize their fun.  Some are out to do the absolute best they can.  Some are out to beat the others.  And some are out for various combinations.

(Competition is not always healthy.  I've seen too many people who think that they are successful competitors when they find somebody they can beat, or find some thing at which they can beat the competition.  Then again, maybe "maximum fun" is not always healthy.  :>)  )

73, Art K3KU