[CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: 15 minute log deadline

Robert Chudek - KØRC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Dec 14 03:51:27 EST 2006

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:01:09 -0000
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re:  15 minute log deadline
To: n2ic at arrl.net, CQ-Contest at contesting.com

 ><{{{{*>    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

> I hope that he shows again but no deal.   I have make a note of the error in my
> log and know that he has logged me.
> 1.  Should I delete the Q ?  He looses points and has a pentalty for  NIL
.
> 2   Should I post contest try to contact him and correct my log  or
> 3   Should I try to contact him and advise that he is no longer in my L0g prior
> to his submitting his log  ??
>
> Quack
>
> -------------------------------
> All 3 of the above are incorrect.
>
> 4. Enter the information, as best as you can, even though you know some of it is
> incorrect. No one will get a NIL. You will lose credit for the contact, and
> possible incur a penalty, due to incorrect exchange information.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC

Exactly.

Your error.  Your penalty.  No foul against WA0XYZ.

73, de Hans, K0HB

The Radiosport appears to be the only competition where some participants want "overs". The last time I recall this happening was on the grade school playground.

Let's see... in hockey, the puck hits the goal post... does the player get "overs" after the game?

Let's see... in basketball, the ball dances on the rim and falls outside the net... does the shooter get "overs" after the game?

Let's see... in bowling, the ball drops into the gutter, missing all pins... does the bowler get "overs" after the game?

If you screw up a contact during the contest, that's the time to fix it. I've heard plenty of operators ask someone to hold on a sec, I need your report again, the computer just went nuts.

Someone suggested the contest is not a typing test. I agree. So if you can't type that fast, slow down.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN