[CQ-Contest] Sending LOTS of bureau QSL's - recommendations?

Mark Bailey kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 08:00:26 EST 2006

Good day, everyone:

I am drowning in bureau QSL cards!  :-)  I think the answer to
this is going to be automatically QSL'ing all of the DX stations
I work.  Does anyone have recommendations how to
use to manage this and where to get the printing done?  I
contacted a local printer we use at work but they can't deal
with varying copy.

My goal is to minimize the amount of time I need to devote to
managing the QSL's.  Peeling thousands of labels or trying to
print thousands of QSL cards on my home printer are not very
appealing prospects.  I need to manage multiple callsigns and
locations.

I have read Jim Reisert's excellent article on managing the KC1XX
QSL cards (http://www.ad1c.com/HamRadio/kc1xx_qsl.htm).  I have
also fiddled with the BV program, which is very impressive.

I'm sure it will take a lot of work to set up a system and I'd
like to only do that once!

Are any of you "pre-emptively" QSL'ing a large number of contacts?
How do you do it?  Do you have any advice on how to approach it?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help!

73,

Mark, KD4D