[CQ-Contest] Incorrect conclusions about un-assisted versus assisted

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Wed Dec 20 21:03:12 EST 2006

Hi Tree

Definately a little pistol here.  I think maybe the reason that the top op's
don't use packet is that they are the beacons on the band.  They stay in one
spot and CQ for hours and get great rates, so they don't have to use packet
to find mults, the mults find them.

In my case, CQ'ing doesn't usually last all that long and I end up going
S&P.  Then I look at the bandmap.  I look for the mults, they don't come
looking for me :-)  73
Tom W7WHY