[CQ-Contest] The Unassisted Myth - Now the Rest of the Story: The Assisted Myth (?)

k3bu at optonline.net k3bu at optonline.net
Fri Dec 22 17:08:57 EST 2006

Styeve, N2IC wrote:

> Let me give you a little different perspective, as a SO2R DX contester from the
> western USA. We don't get opportunities to run nearly as much as those in the
> eastern USA or Europe. The opportunities that we get to run aren't nearly as
> productive as those in the eastern USA.

How would having at least 1 point per domestic QSO change that?
Let me look into the crystal ball: Opprotunity to work some 2000 stations more, work some stuff when bands are dead to other directions, more points, more fun, more participation, busy low bands at night, chance to get into world top listings. Me thinks, it would benefit everyone.
I am suprised that you mid-to-westerners are not screaming for that change, but keep harping on easterners.

Enough, I will go and assist my XYL with Christmas preparations, hang some long wire lights and enjoy some Christmas brew by the fireplace and see how children are doing.

73 Yuri, K3BU