[CQ-Contest] Spotting

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 23 10:15:12 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 02:42, Steve and Judy wrote:
> I beats me why anyone actively engaged in a contest who finds a rare multiplier by S&P would want to alert his competitors so that they can also work the rare mult !!

(sure, you wait for hundreds of posts to say the one sensible thing that
might have put an end to this waste of electrons <grin>!)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

(slightly more seriously, given the huge size of many packet pileups &
the inability of many callers to stop calling when the DX answers
someone else -- I wonder if the goal of the serious contestant in
spotting a mult is to distract the competition, forcing them to waste
time trying to work the mult through the huge pile of continuous
callers?)