[CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Sat Dec 23 11:09:13 EST 2006

Again, yes, and no.

As Paul says, the ARRL rules refer to callsigns and exchange information
being sent, received, acknowledge and logged correctly for a complete QSO.

But other than during the duration of the contest, there's no stipulation
that all facets be done in one contiguous stretch of time.

Example:

CQ test, de EI5DI  (I've received his callsign)
@(*&*5NA
5NA 599 kw (I've received his exchange)
k5na 599 tx
qrz?
KC1XX
KC1XX 599 kw
599 nh
qrz?
ve4xt (he's got my callsign)
ve4xt 599 ^*&% (I didn't copy it here but I know what it is from reading the
mail)
599 mb (he's got my exchange)
qrz?
k5tr
k5tr 599 kw...

...is a perfectly reasonable sequence of events, even in ARRL contests.

73, kelly
ve4xt