[CQ-Contest] antenna switching

Ted Boerkamp tboerkamp at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 31 14:49:42 EST 2006

Hello to everyone,
			First, let me wish everyone a happy new year.
My question is in regards to automated antenna switching.
I presently use an Ameritron RCS-4 remote antenna switch box, which
uses the coax to carry the control signals to the relay box on the
tower. Can anyone tell me whether there is a product on the market
which will allow me to replace the manual control box with a unit which
will automatically "sense" the band I am on (using band data output
from the FT1000MP or FL-7000 amp), and send the correct signals to the
relay box I already have??? or do I have to bite the bullet and string
up some extra control cable from the shack to the tower and replace the
entire switching system with another automated system?? At present, my amp
follows the band changes from the rig, but I still have to manually make
sure I change the antenna to the proper one before transmitting.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind building stuff
either if there is a circuit design to be had. Thanks in advance.
Regards and 73

Ted VE3SS