[CQ-Contest] I don't get it...so please help me out: 160m DX

kr2q at optonline.net kr2q at optonline.net
Sun Dec 31 18:06:38 EST 2006

HI all:I am really frustrated.As many of you may recall, I do a lot of qrp work and have been doing so for several  decades.  I'm a decent op, but I can't seem to work any (not much) DX on 160 with qrp.I know that my antennas are not "great" but I did work DXCC (qro) in about a year including some pretty nice stuff (3Y0, VK6, JA, 8Q, etc)...not bad for NJ.  But when I go qrp, I don't think that I've ever worked more than 3 DX qso's (including zone 8 stuff) per contest.  When I look at the other qrp scores, and specifically how many DX stations they work, well, it seems like I just must be doing something wrong.  I just don't understand it, especially some of the numbers from places "further away" than I am!As I said, I've worked my share qro on 160, but essentially nada qrp.  Of course, with qrp on the other bands, I have no issue at all (I usually feel "loud").So....what am I doing wrong?  Please reply off-line.Thanks,de Doug KR2Q