[CQ-Contest] Log-checking and RST [was: cut numbers]

N4XM Paul D. Schrader n4xm at iglou.com
Sun Dec 31 23:43:17 EST 2006

Ev,

Careful Ev.

I have been told that I don't have to have a multiplier correct.  That the
log checking software will supply the correct multiplier for a contact.

Is that correct?

What the rules say, and what and how they check, has always been two
different stories for 45-50 years.

73

Paul  N4XM

At 04:03 PM 12/31/2006 -0800, you wrote:
> [...]
contest this is in reference to, however...

>This is not the case for ARRL events.
>
>According to: http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-all.html
>
>3.2.All callsigns and exchange information must be sent, received,
acknowledged and logged correctly by each station for a complete QSO.

>Thank you ARRL!  BRAVO!
>
>If your ARRL 10 Meter contest log shows a QSO with W2EV and a received RST
of "59", it is a bust.  Nobody got that report from me.