[CQ-Contest] what defines QRP/LP??

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 00:21:24 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 18:33, Mike Coslo wrote:
>     Since we have some problems figuring out what QRP means to begin
> with, what about ERP? If a person is running more than 5 watts ERP are
> they in compliance even though they are running 5 watts out of the
> transmitter?

ARRL rules mention only transmitter power output.  While I haven't read
the rules to the CQ or NCJ contests I'm quite confident they're similar
in this respect.

For most amateurs I think accurately calculating their ERP would be more
of a challenge than winning the CQ WW!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66