[CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

IK2DZN - Claudio Astorri ik2dzn at astorri.it
Wed Jan 4 02:37:15 EST 2006

Hi Tom,

I am a keen LOW POWER (not QRP) guy but, as you expected, I think that your
way of treating the "QRP Thing" is more than unacceptable.

If we'd follow your very bad example we could very easily state:

1) QRO stations are not happy enough with strong signals; they put on the
air the widest signals. It seems either they want to save on linear
amplifiers (again, no money for a good one?...) or they confuse the
processor gain with the power gain of their transceivers...

More power should mean more responsibility on the width, shouldn't it?!?

2) QRO stations are the ones giving their callsigns faster and faster. What
does it mean if you have a strong signal? Does it mean that other hams'
brain should run faster just for yourself?!?

Clearness and courtesy have nothing to do with a strong signal, come on...

3) QRO stations are normally lazy. They occupy their frequency for hours and
don't scan the bands; are they king of the frequencies they occupy?

QRO doesn't mean you are a good operator and that you take the best score
for your time on the air.

So, Tom, you see... Does this bring to somewhere?!?

One thing I also do not agree with you is the QSL thing.

The QSL reply is a COURTESY matter; if they do not send the stamp reply via
bureau but REPLY!

The next time I work you in a contest I'll repeat and spell my
callsign/LOWPOWER 10 times occupying your frequency... ;-)

Thanks.

Claudio Astorri, IK2DZN