[CQ-Contest] Logging Time [was: Contesting Time Calculation]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 21:35:27 EST 2006

Ok...rather than offering another definition for
Operating Time and Listening Time, I'll offer a new
concept: Logging Time.

If you press a key, then you are either logging or
attempting to determine if you can log (by
dupe-checking a heard callsign, etc.).  Either way,
you are attempting to add to your score.

If you fail to press a key for n-minutes, then you
have entered the "not logging zone". :)  If the "trip
line" is set to n=15, then you are considered logging
until you've reached 15 minutes of no-keyboard
activity, at which time the software identifies that
you are now "not logging".

I realize that this is a definition that doesn't
presently exist in the rules of any contest that I'm
aware of.  Consider it an "evolutionary concept" and
nothing more for now.

Thoughts or comments?

Ev, W2EV