[CQ-Contest] The irony of Operating Time [was: Logging Time [was: Contesting Time Calculation]]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 06:41:53 EST 2006

> It is not unusual for me to look at my log during
> offtime to see what multipliers I have missed and
> prepare a checklist for the following night of
> lowband dxing or even next day higher bands.
>
> Thus keystrokes and I think this is not counted as
> operating time.

I think that you are correct (from what I understand
of HF rules anyway), Dick.  How strange this is.  One
can engage in an activity that clearly benefits ones
score as noted above but doesn't count toward
"operating time" while they can also engage in
"SWLing" which doesn't benefit ones score and it does
count.

Of course I'm looking at this through "VHF Contester's
Glasses" where there is no limitation on operating
time so I may be missing something obvious to others.
Am I?

Ev, W2EV