[CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Jan 5 21:21:02 EST 2006

Boris,

Let's be clear that LotW confirmations only cost a fee when the person who
has RECEIVED the confirmation applies for an award; there remains NO charge
to upload or view a log.

And yes, when additional awards (beyond DXCC) are added, I suspect that
there will be a fee involved for each award.  Just as it is now.  But that's
a factor in the cost of the AWARD, NOT the cost of the QSO itself.  And
again, that would be the same whether or not you use an electronic
confirmation or a paper QSL.

Again:  It costs nothing to OBTAIN the confirmation.  Just to USE it for
applying for an award.  Big difference there.

73, ron wn3vaw